Monday, April 12, 2010

Meghan's Book List: National Library Week

Things are feeling a little grim as we celebrate National Library Week. Budgets are being cut, rumors are swirling about lay-offs, and we're being asked to do more with less. Now is as good a time as any to take a look at the books in my collection that make me happy to be a librarian, a reader, and the person who puts the right book in the hand of the right reader. I still believe in Ranganathan and I still believe in the inherent value of public libraries.

 Now, on to the fun!  I know everyone has their favorites, but these are books I was able to pull from my collection in order to make a display.  Since we're writing about what we really do in our everyday professional lives, I figured I wouldn't solely list books I love.  Rather, I needed to put together books I am really using in this particular National Library Week display.

Read All About It! by Laura Bush and Jenna Bush













But Excuse Me That is My Book by Lauren Child













Maisy Goes to the Library by Lucy Cousins













Quiet! There's a Canary in the Library by Don Freeman (I love this one for class visits!)













Book! by Kristine O'Connell George













The Storyteller's Candle/La Velita de los Cuentos by Lucia Gonzalez













Library Mouse by Daniel Kirk













Lola at the Library by Anna McQuinn













Richard Wright and the Library Card by William Miller













The Boy Who Was Raised by Librarians by Carla Morris













Reading Grows by Ellen B. Senisi













Carlo and the Really Nice Librarian by Jessica Spanyol

1 comment:

  1. Great pics. I didn't know that Laura and Jenna had a book...

    ReplyDelete